Its a must must for this Diwali coz this dish has all the traits of a winner!
1 onion (finely chopped)
Juice of lemons (adjust it as per your taste)
1 cup Coriander leaves
1/2 cup Mint leaves
2 or 3 (If you like it to be spicier, you may add more) Green chillies
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp roasted cumin seeds powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 cup sugar or as required - adjust as per your taste
rock salt or black salt as required
1/4 cup kishmish
Handful of ginger cut into julienne
2. Once hot, carefully add the ginger and saute well.
3. Now add some finely chopped onions.
NOTE: You do not have to roast ginger and onion.Just saute till the point they smell aromatic.
4. Now add corn to the mix
5. Add chaat masala, black salt, red chill powder and toss well.
6. Lid the griddle for 2-3 minutes allowing the flavors to completely seep into corn kernels.
7. Unlid after 3 minutes and squeeze in lemon juice and stir thoroughly and add chopped coriander
8. Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool.
4. If you feel the dip is too thick add milk. But ensure it does not have thin consistency
NOTE: The tamarind pulp will reduce in quantity so add the spices accordingly
4. Stir continuously and would observe the mixture would start to thicken
5. When cooled, store the saunth chutney in an air-tight dry jar or container. refrigerate and serve the sonth chutney whenever required with chaat or snacks.