So my todays post is my next step on baking. Today's delight is everybody's all time favorite. From a kid to an elderly person. All have loved it always and continue to have them in whichever form or shape they like, based on their personal preferences. Its none other than our all time favorites 'Cookies' or Biscuits as we term them here in India. Had never baked cookies ever ever before and honestly was taken aback when i realised that its the easiest thing to make!! My experiments with Cake have given me a difficult time at times. But my Choco Chip Cookie, a vintage pleasure was a success in one go!
Choco chip cookie is a simple, easy, super duper quick and a classic indulgence which is a MUST MUST if you ever plan to bake cookies for the first time. A bit of tender, fudgy chewiness but an edge of crisp bite explains my idea Choco Chip Cookie.
(Makes around 20-25)
125 grams brown sugar
100 grams caster sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 egg (cold - straight from the refrigerator)
1 egg yolk (cold - straight from the refrigerator)
300 grams flour (Maida - Well sifted through a seive)
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
326 grams packet chocolate morsels or chip
1. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Do Not grease the paper
2. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl and add the butter over them and beat together with a hand beater or stand mixer.
3. Add in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk to the beaten sugar - butter mixture until its light and creamy.
4. Slowly mix in the flour and soda to the mixture and blend lightly to just ensure all has been mixed well.
5. Then fold in the chocolate chips. DO NOT beat with the hand mixer at this stage.
6. Wrap the dough in a cling foil and refrigerate for and hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 170°C
8. Whenever you plan to bake the cookie, get the dough out of the refrigerator and scoop out the cookie dough with the help of an ice cream scoop or drop and equal size of cookie using your hand.
9. Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet and ensure each small cookie dough is 3inches apart as while baking the cookie would spread out.
NOTE: You will need to make the cookies in batches hence keep the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
10. Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.