1 Cup Whole Bengal Gram (Kala chana)
Steps to follow:-
1. Soak whole bengal gram overnight along with cloves, cinnamon stick and black cardamom crushed seeds
NOTE: Once you open the pressure cooker lid ensure that there is not much water. Boil in open till some water evaporates. Too much water will make the kebab dough watery.
4. Once the lentils are done, blitz them in a blender in batches along with the curd.
NOTE: Do not make its paste. Keep it a bit grainy as it will gives a good texture to the kebabs.
5. Transfer the lentil-curd mixture to vessel.
NOTE: If at this stage, you see the mixture to be runny, then heat a pan, simmer the gas and saute the mixture by constantly stirring it so that the additional water gets removed.
6. Add finely chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies and some garam masala if needed still.
NOTE: Do not overcrowd the griddle. You could put 4 at a time if using a bigger griddle else two at time. This will ease out the process of flipping the kebabs on the tava.
10. While the kebabs are getting cooked, keep the flame low-medium. Fluctuating in between the two as needed.