Welcome to my Food Heaven!
Want to know more about my love affair with food? So hop on my Food Safari and i will introduce you to the best of global cuisines with my personal twist. Your quest for delectable goodies and handsome photography will be satiated, indeed.
Saturday, 27 September 2014
Crazy Plum Shots
Fridays are exciting!! Especially, if they followed by a Saturday which is an off from office! Don't be surprised, Yes, i am expected to work on a few Saturdays as well... Sad isnt it?? :( So today is one of those super super Fridays when i just feel like celebrating with my Mr. Well, nothing special, just that i acutely suffer from mood swings..ha ha ha ha!! Kidding..
So as i mentioned 'celebration', i wished to start with something special this time. I was struggling in my refrigerator, hunting for that magical ingredient which would be the hero of my creativity. Viola!! I found three plums (enough for the two of us) lying in the corner of my fridge, completely ignored and isolated. Awww..the cute chubby poor souls! I am sure they were convinced of being thrown in the bin by end of this week until i came to their rescue.
Okay..so i found my ingredient..Bravo! But what i do with it, was my next concern. Phew!!..My mind was in action again..thinking aloud..Plum Jam..no thats too boring..! A pie may be...naaahh..some other time..a plum cobbler would be good..No NO nO , it ought to be something different and exciting..COCKTAIL..uttered my mind, very curiously,..and i was intrigued and looked interested at the proposition. Yes that is it! Its going to be a cocktail. Final, Decided & Closed. No further dilemma! So i quickly checked at the mini bar and got hold of the best of the bourbon whiskeys and got cracking!
This concoction of varied juices is dangerously flavorsome & is best suited for any celebration with your dear ones.
Try it and you will know how true i was in my judgement.
For the Plum Syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 plum sliced
For Orange Syrup
½ inch cinnamon stick
2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
For the Cocktail
Sprig of mint leaves
1 cup orange syrup
1 .5 cups plum syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup bourbon whiskey
Lots of Ice cubes and water (if desired)
Plum slices and mint leaves and lemon wedges for garnish.
Steps to Follow:-
1. To make an orange syrup, pour the orange juice in a saucepan along with cloves and cinnamon and let it simmer until half the quantity.
2. To make the plum syrup, mix sugar, water and plum slices in a small saucepan over medium heat. Warm until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Lid the pan and let the contents simmer for about 10 mins. Transfer the syrup in a bowl. 4. Now, combine the mint leaves, orange syrup, plum syrup and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
5. Vigorously muddle together until all combined.
6. Pour in the bourbon and lots of ice cubes into the shaker, mix well, and strain into serving glasses (with additional ice, if desired).
7. Garnish with additional plum, fresh mint and lemon wedges. Serve chilled. Have a fun filled weekend! Ciao..